Electric gates are ideal for ensuring safety of the property and those who are living within the premises.
More than security it is also convenient for the user because they do not have to get down from their car to open the gates and they can also ensure that any goons or wild animals stay away from the secured perimeters.
It is possible installing the gate opener device by following some simple and quick steps. The circuit, which is devised for such automatic gate openers are manufactured in such a manner, that it would automatically control the gates to open or close. When it receives the instruction or the signal from the controls it slides or rolls open.
If you are installing automatic gate openers for yourself, then be sure to read all the information in the manual and follow the guidelines of safety. Proper installation would ensure that the automatic gate openers are able to prevent the security threats on the user and last for years to come in the future.
There are different types of devices available for automatic gate openers. There are various access controls for them as well such as keypads, remote, exit sensors and through intercoms. There are separate principles run for each of these sets and the gate type that is installed.
How you can install a gate opener?
There are three things that you need to do before you embark on starting off with the installation. You need to decide the area, where you would install the device. Most of the automatic gate opener devices are dug within the ground. Secondly, one needs to put the trenches and posts within the ground for that so, one must always contact the local authority to know on underground utilities passing through that area Otherwise, and you might accidentally damage them.
After you are done proceed in the following method which is the last thing to do -
1) Spray paint the area that you need to dig.
2) Drill holes for the gate post and position the gate properly before you begin.
3) Then drill holes for placing the control box of the gate opener.
4) The control box should be positioned in such a manner that it does not affect the functionalities of the gate functions.
5) The sensor device should be dug inside the ground within the property. It should be such that it remains about 50 feet away from the actual gate perimeter and about 1 foot within the ground. The exit sensor has to be buried in such a way that one can connect the wires to the gate control box comfortably.
6) Three wires would come into the control box. The wires will be from the keypad, one from the exit sensor and another one from the power source.
7) The key pad post should be installed properly
8) finally the control box needs to be mounted securely. Since the control box is the key to all the accessory devices of the gate opener, it is positioned near to the hinge posts of the gate. If the gate opener is battery operated, then the wires to the battery should be connected to the opener as well It is necessary the charge the batteries from time to time It is also necessary to change the battery when the need be If the control is electrically operated, then one needs to check the electric lines from time to time
The necessary information of installation is given in the manual. One should always read it carefully and should also make sure that the safety measures are observed correctly and safely.